Sunday, October 17, 2010

When you die, life FLASHES before your eyes. Make IT worth watching!

"To laugh is to risk appearing the fool. To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.. To reach out for another is to risk exposing your true self. To place your ideas, your dreams, before the crowd is to risk their loss. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To live is to risk dying. To hope is to risk despair. To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken, because the greatest HAZARD in life is to risk NOTHING. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, and IS nothing. One may avoid suffering and sorrow, but simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, ... Live. Chained by the certitudes, the individual is a slave, and has forfeited freedom. Only a person who risks is FREE."

Thoughts have come to my mind lately of
life and why people do what they do. What motivates my decisions, or lack thereof? People watching to me is more than observing with just my eyes, it involves walking in the imagination of the other persons life.



I've thought about how we are guided in life by our mind and out heart and sometimes I wonder how to keep the two straight?  Am i keeping them straight? cause at times i feel insane, so i wonder which one to follow first?  


Elder scott said something along the lines of the heart being the general feelings and emotion, where as the mind is specific instruction. Well I believe when we follow the feelings in our heart, then the mind will receive more specific direction. Analzying is good, but I have to constantly remind myself...  The FIRSTthought (which is usually a feeling to our heart) is the spirit and the SECOND is us talking ourselves out of it. So a risk taker I am, in many ways, esp with that of my heart. I like to call it intuition? ha! yep! :)


Now i've titled my blog "THROUGH BLONDE COLORED GLASSES "because most of my life i have been blonde, but recently after returning from a mission, I dyed the hair burnette. Its taken a while to get use to , and at heart, I feel blonde, but Interestingly enough, I feel more myself now, than I ever have  and now I associate that with being brunette. I went on the mission blonde, came home from the mission blonde, and well... I just felt lost.  Brunette is the new me! I've found myself once again, however, one is layers deep. Some might wonder...  rachology? really rach? :) ha well 'ology' means "the study of," so its the study of Rachel. I believe when one writes you receive so much revelation about yourself and your identity and character is revealed.
Well I say......  Let the curtains be raised!!    the story WILL unfold.....

1 comment:

  1. Love your thoughts.... I tried to "follow" you and it wouldn't do anything when I clicked on "follow'!!! :(

    ReplyDelete