Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reflections and Recommitting

I've had a wonderful last few weeks. The family went to California and I stayed home. I was slightly bummed at first to not be with my family for a 3rd thanksgiving in a row. Well it was possibly one of the best thanksgivings! I had so much to reflect on and be grateful for. I got to be home in my parents house alone for a few days and tidy things up, having no interuptions of college life or busy things I could truly Ponder and Listen, I felt the spirit so strong while going about by myself in those lonesome and empty, yet welcoming walls. Getting everything ready for them to come home to so we could begin the Christmas decorating.
Thanksgiving morning- Sit in the Hot Tub with my Dear Mission Trainer
SNOW COVERED ALL AROUND
reflections of life and memories
Thanksgiving Afternoon- Two different dinners at peoples homes who I ADORE.

Felt like I was Family


Thanksgiving Evening- Dessert at another friends family gathering
Piano involved, Fireplace, Guitar serenading, a Garfield- (yes garfield)-Christmas movie, and a winning board game of sequence!
Does it get better than that?
Thanksgiving to me isn't about the food, but the people I get to see and share time with. Its the hugs given and love shared.

 I am blessed more than I know. 
I got to see families gather and interact and the love show for each other. 
Everyone's eyes were just sparkling diamonds.

Pure Spirit, Pure Happiness, Pure Bliss
  Being with other families and NOT my own when I could have been, opened my eyes and made me see a whole new thanksgiving, the joy and peace inside was serene. 

WORDS CANT EXPLAIN
(the gratitude list is Eons long, Thank You gratitude journal)


This Saturday was great to be up at Temple square, see the lights and go to a concert. Oh how I LOVE the arts and friends who do too! Something I've definitely missed the last two years. It brought back so many memories of MY mission and life.
The other day I was looking through my journal from a year ago and  learned so much about myself and who I WAS, who I AM and who I WANT to BE.
THE GREATEST WORK IN LIFE IS YOU. 
Brigham Young said "The most important thing you can do in life is develop your character."
After ALL, it IS the ONLY thing we take with us to the judgment bar.

 This is where my Recommitting comes in.
I could start the new year, but knowing how new years resolutions fail so oft, and that's an excuse to wait I'll start working a little at a time now. Character Building is a Process and I get what I put in.

There is Difference between a SIN and WEAKNESS
Author of Sin = SATAN
Author of Weakness = God (Ether 12:27)

Weakness can Turn into sin when we don't turn to the Lord for help. I've realized since I've been home I can't do ANYTHING alone and need His Help all along the way. I've always turned to him for my Sins, but Have I for my weakness? or did I let my pride get in the way and think I was strong enough to deal?

"The game of Life is the ONLY game where we KNOW the outcome and people are still deciding which Jersey to put on."

Life is hard, Weaknesses are Hard, but not the Gospel- as long as were humble, relying and trusting with all the hope we can muster. I love the saying... 

Hope is of GOD and Faith is of MAN.

Think of that.. why that is.
He'll NEVER leave us.. but sometimes we leave Him.

Life can be an Emotional Russian Roulette if you let it be. I need to beware of wounds which can come from a battle if I fight on the wrong side.
However, Wounds CAN be healed and scars still remain- Christ has scars.

Character Development is not easily begun, nor painlessly traveled. "But the Savior of the world will walk that essential journey with you. he will strengthen you when you waver. he will be your light when it seems most dark. he will take you hand and be your hope when hope seems all you have left. His compassion and mercy, with all their cleansing and healing power, are freely given to all who truly wish complete forgiveness and, will take the steps that lead to it." - Elder Jeffery R. Holland

All these re-commitment thoughts came from my studying this morning and esp from this talk called 
Bring Your Mission Home with You!
by Elder L. Edward Brown of the Seventy
(my mission president gave this to me with other talks when i went home)

I Realized I'm still that SISTER SCHWARTZ, i just have a few things to work on. I have a wonderful mission that filled my knowledge well that i can pull and drink from. My mission is my Lifevest- it's my testimony in a sense and it protects and saves me! 

Deep down... I'M STILL THAT GIRL.. now its just character building and letting her show on the surface again.. BRIGHTER and STRONGER. 

Spiritual presence in our lives has little to do with geography but much to with an inner heart and discipline, an understanding that "there is a law, irrevocably decreed in heaven before the foundations of this world, upon which all blessing are predicated. And when we obtain any blessing from God, it is by obedience to that law upon which it is predicated." - D&C 130:20-21

I can't have one person (the world) pulling on one arm and one person (the gospel) pulling on the other. . one will win or ill be torn in two. I can't be of the world and expect the spirit. I can't waste Time. I want to be who I should BE and NEED to be.. and I'm committed.
"When you find out who you really are, you might have spent your time better" - Pres Thomas S Monson
(Change is proved by permanence.-Marathon of Endurance)

Here is this great talk.. 

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?hideNav=1&locale=0&sourceId=ed24a1615ac0c010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD 

No comments:

Post a Comment