Can I just say..(well I can its my blog) I love that its break cause now I have more time to blog and about more things I care to write. Not as my out, but for enjoyment. :)...scratch that.. its for both.
Life is a Roller Coaster!
ROLLER COASTERS are interesting things. One rides one for excitement, some to get over a fear so they can say they've just done it. One might do it cause peer pressure while the other is running to the line anxiously waiting for their turn. I think of the different times been at a theme park and when i would run to a line and when i would slowly approach it. At lagoon for example, (theme park in utah) i love the screamer when i was younger cause it gave me that excitement and it was constant turning in the a circle up and down constantly, but i knew what was coming.
The Magic carpet i loved because i would have some time when it paused at the top to look around and the excitement of not know which direction it would fall thrilled me. (sorry no picture available)
Then there is the all famous Rocket ride...
You see.. its pretty tall up there and you can have two different ride options. One- it will shoot off and blast you up the tower, or it takes you to the top very slowly then (some count to try and predict) it drops you suddenly and your body is inches off your seat.
I love the rocket, (re entry) esp the one where you go to the top and wait to fall. I love that i know whats happening on the way up and im in control, then unexpectedly it all is out of my control and all I can do is hang on and scream my little heart out then laugh after because the rush was amazing. The blast off, is great because im just ready for it to happen and I don't have time to "worry".
Then there is the Colossus.. the Ride I dreaded as a child.. and it makes sense why..
As a child I was terrified of this ride.. it takes you up a steep incline then drops you and you have enough force and gravity from the fall to make is all the way around the whole roller coaster. There are two loops and then lots of twists, jerks, side turn like things. Sometimes its going so fast that your just in a blurred vision and its constantly going and you don't know where to look. Some parts I would finally dare to throw my hands in the air but then bring them back down. I heard terrible stories of a child of how people would fall out in the top of the circle and die. Needless to say, I was petrified! Now though, as an adult, I don't mind riding the Colossus, it's fun, but its still not my favorite ride. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Everyone has a different feel on roller coaster and they life them for different reasons. This is what I've decided though...
My life feels like a roller coaster
sometimes I'm on certain rides by running to them
others I slowly walk..
and some I'm purely talked into getting on.
None the less, each time I'm done at the theme park, it was a overall fun day.
Life is the same way... except sometimes I feel like this man...
Thats RIGHT- a one man ride roller coaster. Could you imagine going on that colossus like that. ALL BY YOURSELF. Esp the COLOSSUS.... BeCaUsE..... - i'd be terrified my weight wouldn't take me all along the track , two- i have no one to scream with and then laugh with after, just those on the sidelines watching, and three- basically these are all just fears im naming so i'll end here.
I've decided instead on analyzing everything in my life, I'm going to jump on my Roller coaster and throw my hands in the air. *sing ayo... baby lets go* ... ha! :) There have been moments this last week where I've been extremely happy, content, on cloud nine you could even say. So many great things have happened. Then there is a little moment where I have a thought, fear, or insecurity.
"Some of the greatest battles are fought among the concepts of our own minds."
Why do I allow my thoughts to come in sometimes and then i worry, stress, ect. Normally I'm not like that, I'm usually a care free person and just go with it. Im trying to pin point what got me to this place. Well my favorite scripture is Mosiah 4:30. Because ONE i love the word REMEMBER.. and i am a ponderer. But its true how everything starts with a thought. I see this last week when i kept my thoughts always happy and optimistic and didn't allow myself to think anything else, i was super happy. I used to be like this ALL the time i felt like. Then something hit when i got home from the mission and well there were thoughts i hadn't had in basically two years and i wasn't cautioned enough and let some come in thinking it was life and i just needed to deal with it. There were also though thoughts that might have tempted my mind before the mission that didn't even try to surface. Man the mind it powerful and you are what you think. So Im going to work on this... my thoughts and them being in the right attitude of mind. Happy. It's how I love living my life and how i usually do. Not to say trials don't come. I'm rambling now, back to my roller coaster.
So I was thinking.. Does life ever even out? It feels like a roller coaster with so many highs and lows all in the same day.
Well... thinking more on a medical base now... this picture here below...
"When you get hooked up to a heart monitor, you don't want to see a straight line. That's bad news. It's the up and down lines that let you know your alive."
The highs and lows let us know we are participating and not just observing, learning and not just existing.
This could also be related to mtns, hiking, and valleys. We've all heard those analogies before, how the valleys of discouragement make more beautiful the peaks of achievement. Which is so true, but i like my Roller Coaster.
I finished reading this great book and its made me look at life a bit differently and helped my emotions In so many ways. Life isn't about justification, Its about love. Its always been about love. Thats the churches beacon to the world. I'm choosing to love and take my loops coming at me with hands thrown in the air. After all that is immense trust, and I'm a very Trusting girl. I know who constructed my personal coaster.
Favorite scripture from the bible Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths."
What can I say.. its that Kellogg Care Free Blood we Got.
ATTITUDE







I was looking for a "like" button. Haha :) I love it. I especially like the picture of the heart monitor screen. Never thought of it like that.
ReplyDelete